Gatelodge

Like Milford House, the Gate Lodge was built and designed by Robert G McCrum in 1880. It was home to Mr and Mrs Blackstock in the 1920s and 1930s before being occupied by Bob and Lizzy McKane. After Bob died the property was left unoccupied.

However, when Milford House was bought by the Northern Ireland Hospital Authorities and it became Manor House Special Care Hospital, the front avenue and Gate Lodge was no longer used. The Dunlop family lived in the Gate Lodge from the 1980s until 2005.

Eager to get started on the restoration of Manor House and its grounds, the Mackles restored the old Gatelodge in December 2010 ready for not only its visitors from Lapland, Santa Claus and his family, but also the 5,000 adults and children who came from all parts of the country to visit him and have done so every year since. This successful fundraising project was run by volunteers from iCare (Homecare Independent Living’s Charity Committee), staff of Homecare and their families, residents of Milford Village, Milford Community Development Association and local businesses to raise funds for various charities.

 In Present Time:

Gatelodge Now
Gatelodge Now
Gatelodge Now
Gatelodge Now
Santa and Mrs Claus Bedroom
Santa and Mrs Claus Bedroom
Santa and Mrs C...
Santa and Mrs Claus Bedroom
Santa and Mrs. Claus Bedroom 2
Santa and Mrs. Claus Bedroom 2
Santa and Mrs. ...
Santa and Mrs. Claus Bedroom 2
Gatelodge Kitchen (Mrs. Claus' Kitchen)
Gatelodge Kitchen (Mrs. Claus' Kitchen)
Gatelodge Kitch...
Gatelodge Kitchen (Mrs. Claus' Kitchen)
Santa's Office in Gatelodge
Santa's Office in Gatelodge
Santa's Office ...
Santa's Office in Gatelodge
Gate Lodge Now
Gate Lodge Now
Gate Lodge Now
Gate Lodge Now

You are here: Home Other Buildings Gatelodge